Tuesday 9 September 2014

Introducing Christian Belt.

    It was the famed author Gertrude Stein who once wrote, "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." It is in this vein that I would wish to begin my introduction, for  we too live in an era of over information--but the information to which I am referring to for the purposes of my writing is House and Electronic music. With the explosion of Soundcloud and the saturation of genres to the point of excess, the music, and to a much larger extent, the sound for which we yearn to hear has undeniably changed. Whether this is good or bad it is not for me to say. What I will say however is that along with this explosion has come a greater push for complexity and technicality, a battle of grandeur, so to speak. With the high amount of polish and gleam present in music today, it is a rare occurrence for one to listen to something and feel a sense of simplicity. With this in mind, I would like to introduce Christian Belt. This is usually where I would detail the track, but I think it's best for you to just take a listen and focus on the music.
Cheers.
-Daanish

No comments:

Post a Comment