Wednesday 23 July 2014

Jeremy Glenn - New Life (Perseus 'Summer of 83' Remix)

So I'll be upfront here when I say this track isn't new. It's not fresh off any record label, nor is it sweeping the charts by storm. It is, however, one of my favorite house tracks of all-time...and for that I think it deserves to be shared with you.

PERSEUS has been producing quality electro for a while now. His remix of "New Life" by Jeremy Glenn was released around 3 or 4 years ago, and since then, has found a home in my "favorites-playlist". The reason I chose to share this with you was because of its sheer brilliance. I cannot describe the track's feel or vibe in any other fashion...It's magic. 

PERSEUS has a gift when it comes to crafting melodies. His remix is spiritual, cosmic, and nostalgic. In fact, the track was nick-named "Summer of 1983 Remix" by Perseus himself (when it was released). Indeed, the track definitely suits that description, because it does boast an 80s throwback feel.

This track has been with me through my ups and downs, and has never once "gotten old", even after putting it on repeat for 3 hours at a time..Be sure to take a special listen to this, because it features exactly the sound we're looking for. The kind of sound that makes you unquestionably euphoric.. The kind of sound that makes you happy.

                                                                                                  
                                                                                   -Shazeb


No comments:

Post a Comment